Friday, February 15, 2008

Errors on the Equity Website

8:30 am on Valentines Day, and I just want to stay in bed and snuggle with my honey…but I am a dedicated dancer so I get out of bed and head down to Chelsea Studios for an audition for the workshop for Leap of Faith, based, like everything coming to Broadway, on the movie.

I double checked the Equity website last night to make sure I had the time and place right. But after I trek through the cold morning to 26th street, I am greeted by the following flier on the door:

Due to an error on the Equity website, Leap of Faith will beheld tomorrow 10 am men, 2 pm women

Sort of annoying (besides the unnecessary abandoning of my cozy bed, I teaching Friday afternoon) but even more so because this is the second error this week.

On Tuesday I went to an EPA listed at 'Shetler Studios, 939 8th Avenue (Between 55th and 56th).' I show up there a little before 9 am, and find a man in an official looking office for 8th Avenue Studios, who tells me the audition is on 54th street.

So I walk down to 54th (it's another cold New York morning) and discover that although this is the new location of Shetler Studios, and hence the audition, the monitor is signing people in at 939 8th Avenue, on the second floor (I was on the third before). About ten young women say they have been there since 6 am and were told to stay there. I wish them luck and head back to where I came.

There is a line snaking around the 2nd floor. I get one of the last available time slots for 4:50, which doesn't work for me. In protest at the confusion and incompetence, I don't show up. Maybe one of the actresses who showed up at 6 got my spot.

Equity dues hard at work.

No comments: